Thailand is now firmly established as one of the world’s premier holiday destinations; its excellent combination of amazing picture postcard beaches, superb, tasty cuisine, and interesting culture means thousands of holidaymakers travel from every corner of the planet to experience what it has to offer. After spending a few days in the capital Bangkok recovering from their journey and seeing some of the stunning attractions, many venture out to one of the country’s lovely seaside resorts. In this short piece, we will look at locations that could provide a fantastic holiday for couples and families alike, from coastal towns like Krabi to island resorts like Karon beach; Thailand has a wealth of choices.
Experience Island Life
Thailand is blessed with a range of stunning picturesque islands with resort towns where you can experience a relaxed lifestyle perfect for a quiet, peaceful holiday; among them are –
- Phuket – Thailand’s largest island and most southern province, has many great resorts, such as Karon beach, Bang Tao, and Nai Thon. It is a great place to base yourself as it has a super range of activities and boat trips to explore the nearby islands.
- Koh Samui – this fantastic location is world-renowned as an excellent holiday destination with a large amount of excellent hotels, resorts, and luxury spas where you can have a relaxing beach holiday.
- Phi Phi Islands – made famous by the film The Beach, this small group of islands is further afield but well worth the journey as it’s one of the most amazing places on the planet where you can be stranded in an island paradise.
Staying On the Coast
Thailand also has some great beachside locations on its two coasts and feature some of the country’s best-kept secrets; these include –
- Krabi – situated on Thailand’s gulf coast, this resort has a relaxed and comfortable feel that is perfect for couples and families looking for a quiet, peaceful break.
- Hua Hin – also on the gulf coast, this small village was transformed by the royal family when they built their summer palaces here in the 1920s. It has retained its quiet charm but has a sophisticated feel.
- Khao Lak – On the country’s opposite west coast, it is a stunning location dotted with national parks and is a mecca for Scuba divers due to the nearby Similan islands.
Wherever you choose to stay, you have already made the best decision by choosing to holiday in Thailand, and you are sure to have a holiday that you will never forget.
Comments are closed.